Chemical Peel – Chicago, IL
Reveal Youthful Skin Today!
A chemical peel in Chicago is a great way to turn back the hands of time to reveal younger-looking skin without surgery or invasive procedures. The facial treatment is a simple but effective way to improve the texture of your skin by removing the outer layers. This can significantly reduce the visibility of acne, wrinkles, skin spots, and an uneven tone. Although you have heard about its benefits, we understand you still have plenty of questions about the treatment. We have the answers you need to make the right choice for your skin.
How Can a Chemical Peel Help Me?
Chemicals peels are effective for aiding a variety of skin conditions. Overall, it improves the texture and appearance of your skin in as little as 7 days while reducing the appearance of:
- Fine lines and wrinkles near the eyes and mouth.
- Sun damage.
- Acne scars.
- Age spots, freckles, or dark spots.
Who is a Candidate for a Chemical Peel?
Although chemical peels are safe and effective when performed by a trained professional, like our team at our medical spa in Chicago, the treatment may not be right for everyone. It is recommended you do not have a chemical peel if you have:
- An infection or disease.
- Cut or broken skin.
- Active Herpes simplex 1.
- Nursing or pregnant.
- Taken Accutane in the past 6 months.
- If you currently have Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis, or Rosacea.
How Do I Prepare for a Chemical Peel?
For your comfort and maximum results, it is best to prepare your skin for at least 2 weeks before your chemical peel. If you have hyperpigmentation, it is best to use a fading gel to help reduce the melanin production in your skin. This will decrease the likeliness of pigmentation during the peel.
What Types of Chemical Peels are Available?
T here are a variety of chemical peels that may meet your needs. After evaluating your skin and discussing the results you would like to achieve, we will determine which treatment is best, such as:
- NeoStrata Glycolic Peel: This treatment is catered to your specific needs because it comes in different intensities. This makes it ideal for all skin types while minimizing irritation.
- Lactic Peel: The natural milk acid helps stimulate hydration in your skin while exfoliating it. We often recommend it for those who have dry, sensitive skin.
- Salicylic Peel: Oily or acne prone skin can benefit from this treatment. It uses a naturally derived substance to clear breakouts, reduce shine, and remove dead skin on the surface. It can also improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vi Peel: Many of our patients prefer this treatment because it contains an anesthetic. 6 different acids work together to remove the damaged layers of your skin.
How Can I Get Started?
Your first step to younger-looking skin is to schedule a consultation at Natural Beauty Med Spa. We create the customized treatment plan. Contact our office today to see if a chemical peel is right for you.